Monday 9 November 2009

Welcome to Glen - After dark!

Hello!

This post is named so because I'm posting somewhat later than usual. Mainly because I've been napping. Ohhhh yeah. Tell you what, naps are fantastic, but you really pay for it later when its actually time to sleep and you can't because you had a bloody great big nap...

So today, as I said, I shall be giving you an overview of the new Biffy Clyro album, Only Revolutions. Personally, I bloody love track by track reviews, and therefore I shall be doing such a thing for my own review. Lets keep it snappy, here goes -

1. The Captain - Nautical in nature, this is a pretty decent anthem with a particularly sexual pre-chorus.
2. That Golden Rule - A rock song through and through, this is one of the heaviest songs on the album and has a second half that'll blow your socks off with pure awesomeness.
3. God & Satan - Decent calm track, very oddly placed. Not much to say for this one, its run of the mill acousticiness.
4. Bubbles - HIGHLIGHT. The chorus of this tune has some very pleasing harmonies indeed, I just love it.
5. Born on a Horse - Very unique tune with a thick bass-line that'll have you flopping from side to side like a creepy hippy-fish. Good tune, potentially catchy.
6. Mountains - You'll probably be familiar with this one from quite a few months ago. Really decent rock tune with some beautiful lyrics and very pleasing piano/guitar mixtures.
7. Shock Shock - Kind of a harkening back to the Biffy of old, this track is slightly odder than the normal and you need to be in the right mood for it. No particular stand-out bits.
8. Many of Horror - HIGHLIGHT. Great soft start, builds into a very impressive section including lots of 'whoa's. Definatly worth your ears and tears kids.
9. Boooom, Blast & Ruin - This one reminds me of songs from 'Puzzle', the last album, and its a very robust rock track.
10. Cloud of Stink - This is the stinker on the record. It does have a mildly pleasing riff, but its just not to my tastes really, I don't like the vocals at all in this one.
11. Know Your Quarry - I love the tune of this song, the musicality is just such a sexy beast. This is a decent, more relaxed track.
12. Whorses - Some very intense drums kind of spoil this track for me personally, this should have been more of a 'lets finish the album with some emotional shabang'. Not a bad track by any means, but could have been better I feel.
OVERALL - 8/10. Theres some killer tunes present and I recommend it to fans of music with guitars and dudes with beards. I don't think its a Puzzle beater, but its A DAMN GOOD ALBUM.

There we go! Wasn't that fun? If you decide to give Biffy a listen, let me know what your thoughts are in the comments or something, I like talking, it makes my insides warm and pleasing to the touch.

Damn, I'm freaky sometimes. Anyways, thats all today. There will be no track of the day today, instead, I urge you to mount the hot ass of Biffy and ride it 'till you scream.

Glenneth.

No comments:

Post a Comment